To further enhance the scope of our patient care, Dr Elsa New Concept Clinic will be offering the services of a midwife, Janice Dennant. The role of Janice is to work alongside Dr Elsa to help support women through their pregnancy and postnatal period.
Janice qualified in the UK as a registered nurse and midwife in 1988/1990. After qualifying she worked for the NHS in London and Nottingham gaining experience in a number of core areas in a hospital setting. She has also worked in the USA for a number of years. She is registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council in the United Kingdom.
Janice moved to the UAE in 2002 and has worked in leading private healthcare facilities treating a diverse patient caseload. She joined the Dr Elsa New Concept Clinic at the end of August 2016.
Some of the services Janice will be providing are:-
Postnatal appointment – Topics include:
- Weight check of your baby
- Breast feeding support:
- Correct positioning and attachment of your baby to the breast
- Encouraging milk supply and storage of milk
- Patterns of feeding will be discussed
- Nutritional advice for the mother
- Support and encouragement
Antenatal classes are offered, which are designed to prepare you fully for pregnancy, labour, birth and parenthood. The classes currently are offered as a daytime session, in a group or one-to-one.
Antenatal Topics include:
- Caring for yourself during pregnancy
- Antenatal care
- Labour and birth
- Pain management
- Challenges of labour
- Infant feeding
- Caring for your newborn baby
- Services available in Dubai once you have had your baby